Saturday, February 4, 2012

For A Friend


The Director of Christian Eduction for my daughter's church has become a friend of mine, as we cross paths often and I do volunteer there sometimes. She needed a favor and I was happy to do it.

If these cards look familiar, it is because a year or so ago I made them for DD's confirmation class.  Bonnie asked if I would mind making cards for the children who will receive Bibles on Sunday.  I had about half of the 27 she needed, left over. We agreed that these would work just fine, so I made the rest. She promised me that I hadn't signed up to do this for life, but the list would be smaller next year...this was a 'catch-up' year. **GRIN**

I think it's wonderful that the church gives bibles to the young members. I'm not sure exactly at what age, I think my DD received hers at 14.

Thanks for visiting, Hugs & Smiles ~Lori


8 comments:

Payne Holler Cards said...

this couldn't be more perfect!!!
i think its wonderful they give them Bibles!!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

I agree with Linda! Gorgeous and perfect in every way!

Grace said...

Oh how beautiful and elegant Lori!!! So sweet of you to make these cards too! I agree... it's great that they give Bibles... for in it is all we need to walk as He wants us to walk and to know Him and love Him! Hope you have a great week!!!
hugs,
Grace

Patty Marker said...

What a beautiful card. I'm sure they will be the perfect compliment to their bibles.

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Lori - how lovely you are - I am sure those getting these will LOVE it. Your cards are so elegant LOri - thank you for the eye candy! {{{hugs}}}

Lori said...

So very sweet of you! How wonderful to get a card from you on such a happy occasion! I'll have to check back...right now all your pictures are black - must be blogger!

Chris said...

Hi Lori, these cards are so beautiful. I'm sure the recipients will keep them with their bibles forever. Thanks so much for sharing.I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

Rose Ann said...

They are very elegant and beautiful, Lori!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...