Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day Lilly's

These are the Day-Lilly's behind our garage. It wasn't a great day for photos, as you can see in the close up below, a bit of wilting was going on. It is a bit warm and sunny on the south side of the old carriage house. Our garage is actually the original carriage house for our Victorian era farmhouse.  More about the interesting history of our home in another post. The Day-Lilly's are rather wild behind the corner and around one side. When we first moved in I cut a few and brought them into the house, but they died by the next morning. Oh! That must be why they are called day-lilly's!!! Who knew? Well, we didn't really have many flowers on the farm while I was growing up. Sheesh! Tee hee, silly girl.
Thanks for stopping by, hope I put a little smile on your face and sun in your eyes. **Smiles**
~Lori
linking up:
~~Seasonal Sundays 
~~Pink Saturday I like to keep it pink when I enter here, but it's been a while since I had a pink picture. 
~~Doodles & Stitches Link Party
~~Friday Fun Party  
~~Weekend Wander
~~Inspire Me Fridays  
~~Make the Scene Monday

6 comments:

Jojo said...

I love day lilies and yours are beautiful! Thank you for stopping by today and especially for leaving a comment. Happy week!

Anonymous said...

Your daylilies are very pretty and even though you didn't have many flowers on the farm, it looks like you are making up for lost time. These look great! Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday.

Maria Matter said...

lovely photos Lori!
I did the exact same thing when I found day lilies growing in the fields behind our new home...brought them in the house to kill them! lol
We have them growing in masses around our mailbox...the poor mail lady has to push them back & drive over them to get to our mailbox!
Enjoy your Monday!
hugs & blessings

Payne Holler Cards said...

mine are just getting ready to bloom! hope they are as lovely as these...you might know they haven't spread or filled out the flower bed like i wanted...flowers of any kind and me just don't mix LOL

Unknown said...

The lilies are just beautiful. Thanks so much for linking up at Doodles & Stitches!

Austine Etcheverry said...

Definitely put a smile on my face, the lilies are beautiful even if they only last a day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...